It was time for Joseph's brothers to go home. So, Joseph commanded
his steward to put food along with their money in his brother's
sacks. Joseph also told his steward to put his silver cup in Benjamin's
After his brothers left, Joseph told his steward to catch them
and accuse them of stealing his cup. His steward caught Joseph's
brothers and found the cup in Benjamin's sack. So, Benjamin had
to be a slave. Then they returned with the steward to see Joseph.
Joseph acted as if he were upset with his brothers. His brothers
thought that God had found out their sin against Joseph (God always
Joseph's brothers were very sorry for what had happened and offered
to be slaves with Benjamin. Joseph told them that they could go
home and that only Benjamin had to be a slave. Joseph's brothers
would not leave Benjamin alone in Egypt.
Judah spoke to Joseph and explained that their father would die
if Benjamin did not return with them. Joseph was very sad because
he did not want his father to die. Then Joseph told them that he
was their brother and cried aloud.
1. What did Joseph command his steward to put in his brother's
2. What did Joseph command his steward to put in Benjamin's sack?
3. After the steward caught Joseph's brothers, where did he find
4. Did Joseph pretend to be upset when his brothers returned?
5. Does God know everything that happens?
6. Did Joseph's brothers want to leave Benjamin all alone in Egypt?
7. What would have happened to their father if Benjamin did not
8. Did Joseph want his father to die?
9. What did Joseph do after telling them that he was their brother?