While living in Shechem, Hamor's son defiled Abraham's daughter.
This made Jacob's sons very angry and they deceitfully persuaded
the men of Shechem to be circumcised. Then Jacob's sons rescued
her while attacking the city.
Then God commanded Jacob and his family to return to Bethel and
make an alter. Jacob obeyed God. There, God came to him and again
blessed him changing his name a second time to Israel.
Jacob journeyed from Bethel to Bethlehem. On the way to Bethlehem,
Rachel gave birth to Benjamin and died. After burying Rachel, Jacob
continued his journey to Bethlehem.
Then Jacob went to see Isaac. Isaac was one hundred and eighty
years old when he died. Isaac was buried by Esau and Jacob.
1. What did a man do to Jacob's daughter in Shechem?
2. What did her brother's do?
3. God commanded Jacob to return to Bethel and to make an alter.
Did Jacob obey God?
4. Should we obey God?
5. What was the name of Jacob's son that was born on the way to
6. How old was Isaac when he died?