Sarah died and Isaac Married Rebekah Sarah was one hundred and
twenty-seven years old when she died. Abraham bought a cave and
Abraham was getting old. So he asked the servant who ruled over
his house to find a wife for Isaac. Abraham made him swear that
he would not take a wife from the people of Canaan. And he promised
take he would take a wife from Abraham's relatives. He also made
him promise not to take Isaac with him.
God's angel went with Abraham's servant and the servant found a
wife for Isaac. Her name was Rebekah. Her brother and father said
that she could marry Isaac. Then the servant gave Rebekah, her brother,
and her mother many gifts.
The next day Rebekah left with Abraham's servant. Rebekah's nurse
and maids also went with her.
As they were traveling, Rebekah looked up and saw a man. She found
out that it was Isaac. Then she got off the camel and veiled her
Abraham's servant told Isaac what had happened on their trip. Isaac
took Rebekah to be his wife and he loved her. Then he was comforted
after his mother's death.
1. How old was Sarah when she died?
2. What did Abraham send his servant to do?
3. Could his servant take a wife for Isaac from the Canaanites?
4. What did the servant give Rebekah?
5. Who did Rebekah take with her?
6. What did Rebekah do when she saw Isaac?
7. Were Isaac and Rebekah married?