One day the Lord appeared to Abram when he was ninety-nine years
old. The Lord told him to walk before Him and to do what is right.
The Lord told Abram that He would make Him a great nation. God
changed Abram's name to Abraham and Sarai's name to Sarah and told
Abraham to circumcise everyone in his family.
The Lord told Abraham that Sara would have a son in a year. And
He told Abraham to call his name Isaac. Then the Lord went back
to heaven and Abraham obeyed Him that very same day.
A few days later Abraham saw three people. Abraham knew that one
of them was the Lord who had made Himself look like a man and invited
them to stay for a while.
The Lord again told Abraham that Sarah would have a son. Sarah
heard the Lord and laughed within herself. The Lord asked Abraham
why Sarah had laughed since nothing was too hard for the Lord.
Sarah was afraid and said that she had not laughed. But the Lord
knew the truth and told her that she really had laughed.
1. Who appeared to Abram?
2. Did the Lord change Abram's and Sarai's names?
2. What did the Lord tell Abraham to do?
3. Did Abraham obey the Lord?
4. Should we obey the Lord?
5. What did Sarah do when she heard that she would have a son?
6. Is anything too hard for the Lord?
7. Sarah made a mistake and did not really tell the truth when
she was afraid. Should we tell the truth even when we are afraid?