One day there was a famine in Canaan. So, Abram moved to Egypt.
In Egypt there was enough food for Abram and his family.
When Abram arrived in Egypt, he asked his wife to tell the Egyptians
that she was his sister.
Sarai obeyed Abram and told everyone that she was Abram's sister.
Abram and Sarai had the same father but different mothers.
Pharaoh saw that Sarai was beautiful and thought about marrying
her. But God plagued Pharaoh so that he would not marry her. Sarai
was already married to Abram. Pharaoh returned Sarai to Abram and
sent them away.
Abram and Sarai returned to Canaan. Lot was with them. Soon, Abram
told Lot that they should not live in the same place since they
had so many animals. Lot moved to the west and Abram moved to the
Then God gave all of the land in Canaan to Abram and his children.
So, Abram traveled throughout the land to see what God had given
1. Why did Abram move to Egypt?
2. Did Abram ask Sarai to tell the Egyptians that she was his sister?
3. Did Abram and Sarai have the same father?
4. Did Pharaoh think that Sarai was beautiful? Did he think about
5. Why did Abram and Sarai return to Canaan?
6. Where did Abram move? Where did Lot move?
7. What did God give Abram and his family?