God told Moses to go in to Pharaoh again. The Lord said that He
had hardened Pharaoh's heart and Pharaoh's servant's hearts. God
was going to show forth His signs so that Israel could tell future
generation about God's power.
So Moses and Aaron went to see Pharaoh and spoke the word of God.
God asked Pharaoh how long he would refuse to humble himself. And
God told Pharaoh to let His people go, else He would bring a severe
plague of locusts into his territory.
Pharaoh's servants began to fear God and tried to convince Pharaoh
to let Israel go. They even brought Moses and Aaron back in to see
Pharaoh tried to convince Moses that he should go out to serve
God with just the men. But Moses had to take all the people in order
to obey God. Moses obeyed God and did not heed Pharaoh's command.
So Pharaoh became very mad and had Moses and Aaron driven out of
Later that day, God told Moses to stretch out his hand so that
the locusts would come. Moses obeyed God and an east wind came.
The next morning the wind brought the locusts.
Egypt had never had a plague of locusts as severe as the one God
brought upon the land. The locusts covered all the land so that
it was all dark. The locusts ate everything that the hail had not
Pharaoh quickly called for Moses and Aaron. He confessed that he
had sinned against God and against them. He asked Moses to forgive
his sin just this once and ask the Lord to take away the locusts.
Moses went out and prayed. Then God made a very strong west wind
to take the locusts away.
Then the Lord hardened Pharaoh's heart. And Pharaoh would not let
the children of Israel go.
1. What did God command Moses to do?
2. Did Moses obey God?
3. Should we obey God?
4. What was God going to do if Pharaoh did not let His people go?
5. How bad was the plague of locusts?
6. What did Pharaoh's servants try to convince Pharaoh to do?
7. Did Pharaoh try to convince Moses to go and serve God with just
8. Did Moses obey Pharaoh or God?
9. Who should we obey first: a person or God?
10. Did Pharaoh confess that he had sinned?
11. Should we confess our sins?
12. Did Pharaoh obey God and let God's people go?
13. Should we obey God?